Ivanhoe Primary has a School House system with our 'Houses' named after significant people from our area.
- Red House – McCubbin; after Frederick McCubbin, Australian painter prominent in Heidelberg School.
- Blue House – Conder; after Charles Conder, Painter – Heidelberg School of Artists.
- Green House – Ibbott; after Nellie Ibbott, first woman elected to Heidelberg Shire Council.
- Yellow House – Sutherland; after Jane Sutherland – Leading female artist of Heidelberg School.
School Houses help to:
- Develop interpersonal skills and team building
- Encourage participation and 'having a go'
- Engage students by providing leadership opportunities
- Assist transition across the school
- Further create a sense of belonging and tradition
All students and staff are allocated to a House for their years at Ivanhoe Primary and through various school activities they have the opportunity to earn (or lose!) points for their House. Family members are allocated to the same house.
During the school day students may be awarded points for their house based on their achievements or good deeds. Each classroom maintains a tally and once a fortnight the Grade 6 House Captains collate the results to determine the winning House for that period.
See below for more information about our House Patrons.